The Sultans Ascend is the upcoming DLC for Age of Empires IV to be launched on November 14th. The expansion will include 6 new playable factions: 4 variants of already-existing civilizations, and 2 brand new ones.
– Zhu Xi’s Legacy is the Chinese variant, that boast a sophisticated administration with superior Imperial Officials and advanced technologies.
– The Ayyubids are a variant of the Abbasid Dynasty, and focus on versatile units to gain a tactical advantage on the battlefield.
– Jeanne d’Arc is, obviously, the variant for the French Civilization. Across the Ages, Jeanne’s options to support her army evolve, offering a number of strategic pathways
– The Order of the Dragon, the Variant for the HRE, boasts quality over quantity. With extensively trained and lavishly outfitted nobles bolstering their ranks, the Order of the Dragon excels at raising an elite army unlike any other.
– The Japanese are a completely new civilization what will introduce the new Daimyo system, allowing you to upgrade the Town Center to a Daimyo Manor, and eventually a Shogunate Castle, that comes with powerful defenses while also bolstering food production from nearby farms.
– The Byzantines, the second completely new civilization, come equipped with three unique aspects: an Aqueduct network, access to mercenaries, and powerful Greek Fire.
Obviously, having this many new factions will be refreshing and exciting. Which one will we be seeing more often ? how will the meta will change? All this questions will start to meet their answers on November 14th